Bottom line, this is a winning combination! The stability and performance of the Frontier is a perfect fit for the LEHR propane outboard. The Frontier flies through the water, planes easily, and handles great.
- Lightweight - The 2.5hp outboard weighs only 37lbs
- Quiet - Much less noise than a gas outboard.
- Clean - 98% less emissions...great for the environment and your health
- Awesome Power - The LEHR outboard pushed the Frontier thorugh the water with ease, with both 1 and 2 passengers.
- Ready to Go -The LEHR outboard drops right on the Frontier's transom, so special adapter brackets are required.
- Fuel Canisters - Best of all, the LEHR outboard runs off standard camp stove propane canisters, which provide 4-6 hours of use. At less than 1lb and $5 each, that is a winner!
- Clutch switch - To put the motor in gear, the user is required to flip a switch on the side of the motor. Getting to this switch can be a challenge when using the Frontier solo. We'll be adding a control rod to allow the switch to be operated without moving from your seat position.
- Raising/Lowering the Motor - Similarly, it is a challenge to raise and lower the motor as it requires being positioned in the stern of the boat next to the motor. We'll be working with LEHR to develop a cable that will allow the motor to be raised or lowered from the seat position.